Thursday, September 17, 2009

Participating in my own success

Sometimes getting really honest with oneself can have an initial sting that goes to the core of one’s being. Working with my prayer partners often allows me the opportunity to experience this sting. The very inquiry from a friend in a safe place such as, “What’s going on for you?” can lead me into a revelation of honesty that is followed by that “sting”.

For me, living the inspired life is easy. Allowing Spirit to have its way with me is not only easy but fun and it is where I live most comfortably. I am very comfortable in the world of “I don’t know but I’ll figure it out” or when I catch a vision or inspiration, I always just say YES. And I do understand that this is frightening for many but not for me. Give me a problem to solve or ask me to create a sacred ritual or special event or throw me into an experience where I have to speak extemporaneously – ah, there I rise up and perform comfortably with ease and grace.



Now let’s look on the other hand. Ask me to get my home completely organized, to clear out my basement or my attic. Tell me to file all of my paperwork and put things in order. Suggest that I create a schedule in my own home of things that have to be done on a regular basis so my sons and I are all on the same page. God forbid I set up a system of paying bills and organize my affairs the same way that I do at the Center. Here – this is where my life falters. This is where I am not a good steward of my life. I am fairly common – unfortunately. Many of us “spiritual type” do live in this dichotomy.

But if you’ve been following my blog, what you know about me is this: I never allow good enough to be my standard. Even at my age, even with this being a pattern that has been created over time, I have declared that it will end NOW. I am putting myself on notice and declaring that my home life and all of my personal affairs will now begin to support my inspiration. I will not be at the mercy of what was. Why? Because I know better, I have experienced more than this. I have experienced the full out realization that what was does not determine what is – unless I allow it. I simply haven’t succeeded in applying it here – YET.



So right now, I will begin the process and if necessary, get whatever help and support that I need. I don’t have to do this alone. But with prayer and determination – a powerful combination – I will rise up to have a different life experience. And one of the things that I know is true about this process is that as I become this better steward, my inspired life will be free to be even more expressed and I will not have to entertain regret or guilt about it because I have done the right thing and put order in place. Okay, here I go.


No comments:

Post a Comment