Wednesday, September 16, 2009

These are Your Hands

Sometimes I am intrigued with myself or should I say amused by myself. I was brought up to be open-minded and loving and compassionate and God was definitely an “inside” entity so I have never had to combat the idea of an outside entity. BUT as I observe myself, my focus and attention and see where I lose myself, it continues to surprise me that God, Spirit, Life gets the greatest proportion of my time and energy. Yes, every day when Spirit is the first thing on my mind, I look back at myself and say – who are you and what did you do with Michelle? Sometimes I feel like some religious freak.

I never saw in my future me having the desire to serve Spirit, me practicing the art of surrender, me saying: THY WILL BE DONE. At celebration this Sunday, our guest musician Chanda Rule sang a song by one of my friends’, Grateful by Christie Snow. God I love her music and I love the way that Chanda and her accompanist Nick performed it. But right there smack in the middle of the song, standing in front of the entire congregation, I found myself raising my arms in praise like I was brought up in a Baptist Church. How did this happen? How did I, a self-pronounced Religious Scientist turn into this demonstrative, singing out loud, and Spirit praising woman? How?

Well, I do have one theory. Spirit in its pure form is absolutely intoxicating, accepting, loving and in a way passionate. Maybe I have just fallen in love with God and this is what my love looks like. Yea, I do believe that is it.

So with some trepidation I declare: my hands are God's hands and I am willing to be used. I am willing to love as God loves and I am willing to live life knowing, THY WILL BE DONE.

Believing in Worldwide Peace in this Lifetime.
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment