Friday, September 11, 2009

Jersey Girl Wisdom

For a long time now I've wanted to write a book entitled - Wisdom from a Jersey Girl, but then I think even I would even have trouble taking it seriously. I love being from New Jersey. I love who we are, how we all blend together, and I LOVE our sense of humor - yes the sarcasm.


Yes, we are a little sassy and rough around the edges but I love our edginess. The only time it doesn't work is when we are around people from other parts of this great land. But boy we are most certainly amused by ourselves. I get to travel a few times a year around this country and I get to see value coming home again each and every time.


You see, I am a minister, a Founding Spiritual Director, is the fancy name that we've given it but in the end I am a minister. Every day I am grateful for my sass and my sense of humor. Every day I am grateful for the tolerance I have for people in general and the patience that I've learned. All the experiences of my life - all of them have aided me for what I do. Growing up in an edgy, not-always-so-nice neighborhood made me strong and boy have I needed that both for my job and to handle life as a single mom.


The truth is it has even taught me to be completely appreciative of the presence of Spirit in my life especially because I got tired of trying to do everything on my own. I appreciate Spirit because I get to feel valuable with all of my faults and flaws. I have learned that I deserve every ounce of happiness that I have gleaned from all of my work and practices and simply because I AM. Because of Spirit, I feel forgiven, accepted, valued and worthy - exactly as I am and if you have known me for a long time you will appreciate this even more.


I have done harm, I have made some very bad decisions, I have hurt individuals and thank God, I feel loved anyway. So take it from a Jersey Girl who has been around the block a few times, life, Spirit, God - is always open, available and ready to forgive, love, inspire and support you - right here and now.


Love to all,
Michelle - Jersey Girl






1 comment:

  1. From one Jersey girl to another (even though I live in the DEEP south now, I will ALWAYS be a Jersey girl at heart) I love our sass and spunk and rough-around-the-edges too!!
    Beautiful blog... you are truly wise :-)

    Shirli

    ReplyDelete