Thursday, September 26, 2013

When does it hurt enough!


I have been a minister for twelve years now and a practitioner for a bit longer than that—teaching classes, speaking on Sundays, offering workshops, seminars, and retreats.  My goal is to offer tools and skills that reflect the Science of Mind teaching to individuals so they may experience their own personal freedom.  My ego is healthy enough to believe in myself as a facilitator of good.  Sometimes I wish I could go to myself as a practitioner because of my faith, devotion to the teaching, and deep, deep conviction.  I believe and teach with all of my heart and beingness that there is no-thing outside of me that causes my reality; there is only the One and the Only acting in, through, and as me.

Having said this, I admit to my frustration and disappointment in my lack of influence on the world around me, but especially within my own spiritual community, when it comes to how long one will choose to suffer or delay reaching out for help and support.  I don’t get it.  Is this a conversation about ego; is this a lack of belief in the magnificent, potent, power that we as metaphysicians know that we can wield?

Why would one delay in reaching out for support and healing?  Are we waiting until it hurts enough? Okay, I admit that I am not a stranger to this practice.  I have had some pride in my ability to: withstand pain, be strong, or show that I can handle anything. Sound familiar?  Wow, this resembles suffering way too closely!  So I have to ask you, and I invite you to ask yourself, do you believe in suffering?  Is that what it is?  Does centuries-old conditioning still have its talons in you?  Do you take just enough?  Is it normal to always give away the biggest piece of the pie? 

As a counselor, coach, and practitioner of the healing arts working within consciousness, I have seen it over and over again: an individual will have an inkling that “something” is up, but of course, you ignore it.  It shows up as a small and annoying pain, one easy to ignore. Then over time, after ignoring it or worse, diagnosing it (which gives it an identity and power), the pain grows.  Now this person will be convinced that something is really wrong, and very possibly because of the delay, it does get worse, sometimes turning into an emergency.  What if you didn’t wait until it hurt so much; what if at the first sign of discomfort, you said to yourself: I need to pay attention here. Instead of ignoring it, what if you turned into it, talked to it, prayed on it, meditated on it, or journaled about it and then listened for your inner wisdom and guidance? WHAT IF YOU GOT AHEAD OF THE DISCOMFORT INSTEAD OF WAITING?  Just a thought!

What if you could finally turn on a button in your consciousness that says: no more! No more suffering, no more delaying my good, no more waiting for help, or taking what’s handed out.  No more!  Imagine that you approached whatever was happening in your life assertively but faithfully, knowing that you could get ahead of your pain, concern, or discord – however it showed up!

This is my plea for you to pay attention, listen deeply and carefully, and act immediately.  When it comes to healing, immediate is the only time. It is possible to respond to life’s hiccups before they grow out of control, needing medical intervention, counseling, or medication.  Yes, it is possible to interrupt old patterns with a new idea, new zest, and a new understanding of Truth, for in Truth there is all things that are for us. 

Please do not mistake immediate with an idea of emergency.  Immediate is the state of taking something on before it takes hold in your body, before you believe it to be real, and before you think that it is bigger then you.  Taking the initiative puts you in the driver’s seat and frees you from being at the mercy of anything.  You are more than your circumstance.

So, no more suffering, no more pain, no more tolerating. Instead, with faith and taking initiative, you will be activating good in all places in your life. 

I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I know this one... I ask "Why didn't you call me?" and the answer is usually "Well, I know how busy you are ... I didn't want to bother you..." etc. I bluntly told my congregation one Sunday -- "This is my job - you won't be bothering me. Call!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, been there, done that also. And I wonder how can I communicate my availability better.
    Hugs to you sweet Sister

    ReplyDelete