Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Standing Naked in the Light

It doesn’t take too much courage to stand naked in the dark. After all, the darkness affords you the liberty of imperfection with its veil of safety in the form of blurred visibility. But step into the light and that same buffer is dispersed and you are left naked like never before. The kind of naked where each and every imperfection is revealed and you have no excuses or explanations.


This level of nakedness, of being authentic, simultaneously excites and enlivens me while it scares me half to death. The death that is actually taking place is the death of my ego, my protection, the part of me that keeps me playing small. Doing what I do as a minister, a teacher, a coach often catapults me into this light stark naked by far faster than I am ready. Yes, I could close down, avoid, resist and guard myself but what would that say about me.

If I could design the world, this is what my world would look like. I would have you love me in my nakedness with ALL of my flaws. Love me when I am on fire and love me when I am falling. Love me in my fullness and successes and love me in my failings. And furthermore I say, if you aren’t willing to love the all of me, then please just let me be. This is the kind of love I want to know for the balance of my life and this is the kind of love that I AM offering.

I want to stand naked; all flawed, all exposed and feel absolutely safe. In addition though, I would love for YOU to stand next to me, all naked, in the light, with all your flaws. Then together we can embrace the bigger possibility of Life without excuses or explanations. Spirit know me in this way and I will commit to the Allness with the entirety of my being.

No comments:

Post a Comment