Friday, January 20, 2012

Sometimes you choose

This is something that I wrote after having to make a decision to be part of something that mattered to me very much. The choice came at the birth of my new relationship and so I had to choose to either nurture my new love or my interest. As you can see, love won out!

Oh god, what a trickster you are.
You bring a love to me that moves
   my heart and soul and then you ask me
   to have patience.
You open my heart and tell me to wait.
You show me what’s possible as my
   fullest expression and then lead me to
   have to choose.

Well, I have your number; I see what
   you’re up to.

You wanted to see if love would be my first choice.
You tempted me with an opportunity that would have me
   look like I am worthy and then you place this
   love in front of me to show me that I am worthy.

I have chosen love. I have chosen your gift. I have
   chosen this sweet expression of good, of love.

Have I passed your test?
Have I chosen correctly?
I say yes, and I accept the fully orbed experience
   of this decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment