Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Something profound or NOT!

I've taken on this title: Spiritual Director. Often it sounds so important and meaningful and most definitely something to live up to. And in attempting to live up to the name, I am called to live life in a higher order, seeing Truth where others see pain and suffering, seeing potential and possibility where others see limitations and failure. I'm not bad at it and some would say that I'm even pretty good.
HERE COMES THE BUTT(yes two t's)
Sometimes the best I can do is get up in the morning shake off my previous day, laugh at myself and start again.
I have to tell you that life without a sense of humor, life can have a very  limiting experience. Thank God I do not take myself too seriously. Thank God I have learned that I can survive failing to get back up without too many bumps and bruises and than try all over again. Thank God I am no longer afraid of failing because I know that that fear is what scares most people away from trying. And truth be told, the fear of failing is worse than the failing itself.
I think my close friends and family members have probably been watching me for years now, shaking their heads, and wondering: What the &%$@? All I can say is, I hope they had a good laugh.
Yes, I do get up again, try again and risk failure ALL THE TIME. I would like to be a lot better at many things; but it is what it is and I am what I am. Here, naked, (metaphorically), available and often completely oblivious - hence - needing a great sense of humor.
May you laugh at yourself this holiday season, may your heart open wide, remain open and find lots and lots of room for lots and lots of love but mostly may you Laugh Out Loud at yourself at good times and tough times.
Peace

2 comments:

  1. According to Thomas Edison there's no such thing as failure. I love these quotes.
    On the light bulb:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    On failure:
    "I am not discouraged because every wrong step discarded is another step forward."

    Sometimes we forget we're human beings. Keep walking your path, and each day, in some way, the light always shines brighter in you.
    Peace & Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed!
    Thanks for the gentle reminders.
    May your new year be a joyous one.

    Rev. Duchess Dale
    Chico

    P.S. How did you get such a great background for your blog? It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete