Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Today I am steeped in thoughts of my brother Carl Wadleigh who left us young in the Viet Nam War. He was misidentified and buried in the wrong man's grave for twenty-five years. When discovered the Army did the right thing by bringing him home and giving him a full military burial with all the dressings in Arlington Cemetery in Washington.

Now his name is on the wall and on the Viet Nam memorial in Jersey City.

I have three sons. May I never know the pain of them having to pick up a gun and point it at another human being. When will we WAKE UP and realize that what we've been doing doesn't work and the only thing that can create peace is Peace itself. Why is this such a mystery to those in charge. Let's do within our government what we would do for ourselves - make amends, say I'm sorry, clean up the problem and communication and have set an intention to lay down all arms, cease the creation of new destructive products and make nice.

I declare that it is possible for us to know Global Peace in this lifetime NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment